JCC–Lewiston provides a highly structured, staff-secure program using a Social Learning model based on the Positive Peer Culture foundation. The program provides custody and treatment of male juveniles whose criminal history requires services beyond the community. The Lewiston program adheres to the five pillared approach of targeted treatment, education, counseling, family engagement, and skills building. In addition, the program focuses on cognitive skills building designed to alter criminal thinking patterns and requires that juveniles are accountable for behavior and rewarded for progress.
Staff and juveniles work together to ensure a safe and secure environment conducive to making necessary changes. The objective is that juveniles return to their respective communities with skills and values sufficient to be successful and productive citizens.
JCC–Lewiston has adopted the following operational principles:
- Juveniles support each other while demonstrating helpful and not hurtful behavior.
- All aspects of the program are safe, civil, secure and supportive.
- Parents, families and community supports are essential to optimal success.
- Focus on Community Protection, Accountability and Competency Development prevail.
- Effective Reintegration is a catalyst for success.
Program Treatment Components
- Social Learning Environment (Positive Peer Culture based)
- Substance Abuse Services
- Individual and Family Counseling
- Cognitive Restructuring and Rehabilitation
First and third Sunday of the month from 9:00 – 11:45 a.m.
Please contact the Rehabilitation Specialist to request and approve a special visit.
140 Southport Ave., Lewiston, Idaho
Phone (208) 799-3332