Programs & Facilities

Community, Operations, Programs & Services division is a broad-based division that encompasses Field Services, Research and Evaluation, Juvenile Justice Planning, Religious Activities, and Quality Improvement Bureau.

The Idaho Department of Juvenile Corrections has regionalized state services for juveniles committed to its custody, making it possible for most juveniles to remain close enough to their communities so parents and other key community members can take part in the juvenile's treatment. State juvenile correctional centers are located in Lewiston, Nampa, and St. Anthony and provide a full complement of services for 268 youth who range from 10 to 20 years of age (including the new co-occurring unit). Specialized programs exist for adjudicated sex offenders, female offenders, juveniles with a mental health diagnosis, and juveniles with serious chemical dependency issues and co-occurring disorders. The programs offered are recognized as being on the cutting edge of modern juvenile correctional programming and follow nationally accepted standards for the treatment of juvenile offenders. Each center is equipped with a fully accredited school program whose teachers and staff are trained to meet the wide spectrum of educational challenges prevalent among juvenile offenders. Other services include professional medical care, food services, and counseling.

IDJC averages 347 juveniles in custody (FY10), approximately 70% of the juvenile offenders are in state facilities, the remaining 30% of the juvenile offenders are in approximately 15 contract providers located in and out of state.